Spring is here! It’s the 21st Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV from March 5 to May 18, 2014 at Walt Disney World Resort.
The Outdoor Kitchens are back and in full swing adding the Food and Wine twist people are seeming to love. A new kiosk has been added this year called Urban Farm EATS. Menu items include The Land pavilion-Grown Eggplant “Scallop” with Romesco Sauce, Ghost Pepper Dusted Tilapia with Winter Melon Salad and Mango Chutney, plus red and white vegan wines and gluten-free beer.
Among our favorites of the Outdoor Kitchens…
- Shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro
- Florida kumquat pie (TRYit!)
- Blonde Ale, Orlando Brewing Company (Orlando, Florida)
- Smoked beef brisket with collard greens and jalapeño corn bread
- “Piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s® Applewood Smoked Bacon
Fleur de Lys
- La Vie en Rose frozen slush – Vodka, Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liquor, and white and red cranberry juice
There are so many toparies, herb gardens, beds of flowers and even children play areas. HGTV stars are returning as well as the Flower Power Concert Series. You can find the official list here.
What dishes are you excited to try at this year’s Outdoor Kitchens?