Real toys star in this all-new “toymation” video featuring the Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Command Center and action figures from Mattel. In this adventure, Buzz Lightyear, Woody and sidekick Rex venture into outer space to battle the evil Emperor Zurg! Utilizing stop-motion animation, this video combines old techniques with new concepts to create a modernly retro animated short sure to inspire Toy Story fans to create their own stories with the new toy line.
Mattel’s Toy Story Toymation Fun Facts:
- – It took a crew of 8 people over more than 1300 hours and a span of 4 weeks to complete the toymation
- – Every second needed 12 frames of pictures
- – Every shot needed at least 3 takes, many of which had to be done separately with each toy and then composited together later
- – Each toy had to be taken apart and reassembled with wire and museum putty in order to be rigged properly to animate
- – The dust bunnies were created from an old carpet the team almost threw out right before production on the toymation project began
- – The crew made 5 trips to the supermarket to clear out their asparagus, big broccoli heads, and artichokes to build the vegetable forest set