Are you looking for some spooky treats to create for Halloween? This is a great recipe that bring the family together to spend not only quality time, but fun times in the kitchen. These spider creepy cupcakes will be the centerpiece for your next Halloween party and they are really easy to make. You will need…
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Sprinkles (hair)
- 2 pieces of eye-type candy (we used colored marshmallows)
- 1 package of black string lace licorice or black twist licorice cut into thin pieces (legs)
- Optional: toothpick
- Use a box cake mix to bake your cupcakes by following the directions on the box. You can also bake from scratch if you are feeling adventurous.
- Frost the cupcake with chocolate frosting and cover with sprinkles.
3. Press the eyes into place and you can use black tube icing to dot the eye or a toothpick with a small amount of the frosting.
4. Use scissors to cut eight 4-inch pieces of licorice for the legs. Holding all of the legs together in a bunch, bend them in half and crease. Push the end of each leg into the cupcake as shown.
What fun holiday treats do you make for Halloween?